When revising for the OCR 2888 Economics of Europe paper be sure to really focus on these areas.
- Competitive markets and how they work
- Different market structures
- Economic efficiency within market structures
- Market imperfections and market failure
- Role of government intervention in markets
- Macroeconomic performance of the economy
- Processes and policies in macroeconomics
- International trade and protection
these topics are covered by all students regardless of the module covered, for example, students taking either development or the UK economy cover international trade and protection
Economists have a particular way of looking at the world. They draw on a toolkit of concepts and techniques to help to analyse and evaluate problems and potential policy solutions. As John Maynard Keynes put it Economics is an attitude of mind, a technique of thinking which helps its possessor to draw the right conclusionsThe highest marks in economics exams are reserved for students who think like economists ie who select the appropriate tool from the toolkit to analyse and evaluat.